Sunday, October 19, 2008

First born rules!


I have a theory. That came from my sheer observation since my childhood and all my subjects revolve from my family. The theory is about the differences between the first and second born.

It only applies when:
-Both of them have the same gender.
-Their age gap usually less than 3 years.

Okay, from what I observe the first child seems to be more active, naughtier, smarter but less successful in life because they tend to be more carefree. Oh, less successful doesn't mean they are some kind of pathetic loser but just in comparison with the second child.

The second child seems to be more tense, well disciplined and they work harder so they tend to have a proper or better life.

But. I have no idea why they are like that or maybe it's just me trying to say what I want to believe.

Annddd... Guess what? Guess what?

There's actually this thing called Second Child Syndrome. Yeah. However, it doesn't really relates with my so-called theory but it somehow describes the parenting difference that the second child usually received.

Your first child was the over-protected experiment…but she also got your undivided attention, a full schedule of playdates and ‘educational outings,’ and frame-by-frame video and photography documentation of every big first – at least until her sister was born.

Enter the second child. You may recognize her by her gently-worn wardrobe, smaller bedroom, and nearly empty baby book. She has committed the entire Nick Jr. afternoon programming schedule to memory, and knows the best way to get mom’s attention is to make noise – and a lot of it. Fighting with her older sibling is her favorite pastime. But she’s also amazingly self-sufficient, and full of wonderful surprises
.


Oh well, there goes my another falsampah. haha. ape ape jelah.

Hmm. I wonder why is it every time I work harder it gets harder. I felt like a complete idiot just now during PBL. Even though the night before I've read so much. So much compared to before this lah. It seems to be much easier when I didn't bother to try. Maybe that's why I always consider myself to be allergic or sensitive to hard work because my brain seems to work much better with less info in it and gets full blown anaphylactic shock when I tried put more info in it than it could ever consume. Definitely bullshit~ :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear ms. Rae. Baca kumar n clark byk2, sure u'd do better. Hehe. I thk evry1, not just in our pbl group, bt other grps as well is so afraid to speak. Dnt u thk so? Hehe. Seriously I dnt knw why malays are so shy + afraid + so not outspoken. Its like d traits are embedded in our genes, deeply ingrained in our culture. There's nothing to be shy pun kan. We're tryin to learn. Gud luck

Dreamy Damsel said...

SKM dearie. Hmm. yer. so then I could be a walking-talking-textbooks like u guys kn. which is a good thing and a great effort. Thx nway. oh n yeah seriously every time pn mst ko dpt selit pasal genetics malay malu segan whatnot tu kan. Good for u. Hee. no offense dude.:D

Anonymous said...

it's not a new thing. Tun Dr Mahathir had postulated more than 30 years ago pertaining malays' genetic shortcoming. nway i'm tryin to be a true champion of malays. ;-)

Anonymous said...

kesian skm...taksub sgt kat ex pm..huhu

Anonymous said...

weyh sedap ati je kata aku taksub. taksub and admire are different. but i do very much admire him.