Monday, November 17, 2008

Organized Rythm


Mari mari abe,
kito pege tange,
abe jgn riso,
kito sude tune.


Well, yeah this song was played over and over again on the bus during my journey from Kuantan to KL last Friday. The tune started out like a club song and when the singer starts singing it sounded like a Hindi song but when you listen closely it was actually a Malay song, with Kelantanese dialect. After manage to gobble a bar of chocolate and sank down a bottle of ice cream soda, I was sugar high and in grave need to take a leak. I became extra alert and manage to catch some of the lyrics from the song. I even know what album it is from - Citra Dikir 2. haha. I caught the driver unwrapping the brand new album out of its plastic like a kid with a handful of candies. There were a few of new albums.

Everyone loves music right? At least I am. I listen to music most of the time and I might just turn deaf by the age of 30. My only source of mobile music just broke and I'm sorely affected by it. I'm currently totally in love with Mocca, Jack Johnson and Hellogoodbye. I'm also dipping my toes into Travis and Radiohead without much problem because they're awesome.

One person music liking might be entirely different from the other even though if they are best friends.

I always think that it's an interesting way to get to know someone by checking their playlist. They might turned out to be rather unexpected and surprising. I might think that the bus driver's music choice was ridiculous but he might as well think mine is too. I used to know this urban girl who you wouldn't expect to be a fanatic of dikir barat song or my other friend who looks rather soft on the outside loves Metallica's song. Even my brother who always loves screamy-trashy song actually has a soft spot for Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift.

All in all it depends on the person's ears. We can't judge music or even worse debating which music is the best. Music has invaded us all. Uh oh. :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

travis best kan? hehe
try silversun pickups.
lg best! hehe

Anonymous said...

"my other friend who looks rather soft on the outside loves Metallica's song"
----rae refer kpd sape???...>>wonder<<...huahuaaa..

Dreamy Damsel said...

SKM - huuu. bst2. yeke. mcm pnah dgr. nt aku try. :D

anonymous - hahaha. mmg utk kamu. huhu. xde lah soft mane tapi klu first impression agk soft lah. haha

Anonymous said...

Try rooney gak. Best gak.
Dgr daisy duke pn dh best. Hehe.
Jd promoter lak.

Dreamy Damsel said...

haha.tau xpe. uh. rooney bst~

Anonymous said...

kalo aku dh cukup la sekadar dgr lagu2 siti...2 pon dah letih head-banging bila dgr suara siti...haha

neway sape kwn kamu yg dgr lagu metallica 2...ganas gilo bdk 2!!!!

Dreamy Damsel said...

siti? um. aku lah tu siti. hahah. mmg lah bst. xdpt didinafikan lagi.

kawan aku tu sorg gadis macho. identiti perlu dirahsiakan. harap maaf~

Anonymous said...

hahahah rae...ssssssshhhhhhh...

Anonymous said...

try raihan...lagu sepohon kayu...

Dreamy Damsel said...

anonymous - huhu. jgn risau.



eh. class rep~ huhu
raihan eh. nanti aku try. leh compare raihan n rooney mane bst

Anonymous said...

majin dan siti x le dipisahkn.siap kn mara jiran sbelah.tp majin ttp meneguhkan pendirian.album terbaru lantera timur juga sudah diborongnya.jumlah kasarrr rm 500 sdh dihabiskan utk mmbeli album2, poster, tshet peminat dn sbgnye...