Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The grass is always greener on the other side.


What we have is always never good enough. There's always something else better than it. I mean always.

It always looked good and better when we don't have it. Well. Have you like dream to really want something? You know like an awesome gadgets, the coolest guy in school or a promotion in your career. The thing that we want always has this cool characteristics like very good looking, or 8 megapixels. We start to build our own imagination, about how good will it feels to actually have it.

And then, if someday we do actually got it. It doesn't feels as great as we'd imagine it, well maybe at first, but then other things would show up and we would want that too. The cycle will just starts over again.

Like I said. Never good enough. Or like some would say, "there's always a hotter girl"

I know we are thought to be grateful of what we have because some people might never had the chance. But then we just can't help it.

However, to have these dreams or desires actually make us move forward. You know it creates this passion to get something better, to be better. People will make new things, something more awesome. Next thing you know, there's 10 megapixels.

Well, if not. The world won't change, we'll still wear animal skins as clothes, people don't shave and communicates through smokes or pigeons.

**pic-total randomness. my brother with my little cousin who follows him like a shadow

2 comments:

aPENG said...

It sounds funny, but every time's always the same: reading your entries is like reading my own thoughts. The perceptions, the sentiments, the craviness, r all the same!
I don't hv the cleverness 2 represent my ideas into such beautiful compositions, as like what you did.
i wrote a lenghty karangan, n then to discover i didn't even came close to the main idea i so eager to tell. this merapu thingy happens most of the time. haiyahhh...

reading yours is enough 2 make me go like "sooo trueeeeee!!!!" from the start till the end.

so, you! write, on my behalf!

Dreamy Damsel said...

oh woww~ really flattered.:D I'll try my best.

it's just that, all these thoughts. it turned out different when i talk. so i have to write.