Monday, September 15, 2008

The ironies of end



Most people live life by anticipating the end, don't we?

Kids can't wait to be an adult. Teenagers can't wait to finish school. PMR, SPM. Can't wait to graduate from college. Get a job, go to work. In between work and study, we'll date and get married. Then, tired of working get retired and spend the pension. Live with your grandchildren and you know what's next.

That's pretty much life isn't it? Well, unless you get married to a king from Kingdom Andalasia and didn't have to work for seven generations or maybe get a terminal disease and die early. Then, it'll be different.

The first irony I found out was it never really end. Each end was actually the ultimate beginning of something new.

The second one was we tend to look back and then only realize that it was important.

Say,
I'm facing a big examination like SPM, of course I can't wait for it to end. Maybe I tried my hardest maybe I didn't. After the exam, I thought it's finally over. Then, the result was out. Good or bad, with that very result is what going to determine my future. Then only I realize that it's not over, it is just about to begin and I'll look into the past and wish, just wish that I could do better.

That's the lamest example I can give. I do hope that I made my points. I think, most of the stuffs in life is pretty much like that and come to think of it death is the ultimate beginning of all. That's the only end that no one anticipates. :D